not able to create a new apex rule in apex -pmd tool

not able to create a new apex rule in apex -pmd tool

Lokesh Singh
Hi sir,

I installed Pmd plug in in my eclipse and able to scan the individual class and apex pmd rules are working fine.I am not able to edit any apex rule in pmd tool please guide me how can i edit exist rule and how can i create new rule for apex language.

Hope for a good answer.

Thanks & Regards,
Lokesh Singh

Re: not able to create a new apex rule in apex -pmd tool

Juan Martín Sotuyo Dodero
Hi Lokesh.

I'm having trouble understanding what your current problems are or what you are trying to achieve.

Writing a rule for Apex is no different from other languages, and the docs apply fully (https://pmd.github.io/pmd-5.6.0/customizing/howtowritearule.html). Are you attempting to write an XPath rule or a Java one? How are you attempting to "edit" existing rules?

Regards,

Juan Sotuyo